UPMC’s world-class care is coming to Cambria County in early 2018 with the opening of a $20 million outpatient facility conveniently located near routes 22 and 219 in Ebensburg.
UPMC Altoona’s construction of the 3-story, 46,500-square-foot facility at Zeman Road will bring world-class care close to home through UPMC, which is ranked No. 12 in the prestigious U.S. News & World Report annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals.“
This will be a hub for family practice and specialty care physician appointments as well as extensive outpatient testing and therapy,” said Jerry Murray, president of UPMC Altoona and UPMC Bedford Memorial.
“This new facility extends the clinical excellence of UPMC to residents of Cambria County and provides a convenient ‘one-stop’ for care option,” Murray added. Patients want the convenience of having outpatient services under one roof as evidenced by the popularity of UPMC Altoona Station Medical Center in the city and the soon-to-be-completed UPMC Logan Medical Center near Hollidaysburg.”
The first floor will feature convenient access to these outpatient services:
- Laboratory Services (routine blood drawing services).
- Imaging Services (diagnostic x-ray (for broken bones); screening mammography; abdominal ultrasound; noninvasive vascular testing) and echocardiology.
- Therapy services by UPMC Centers for Rehabilitation Services.
- A community room available by reservation for non-profit use by area residents or groups.
The second floor features a specialty care suite. Patients gain more convenient access to UPMC-affiliated specialists who will visit Ebensburg on a rotating schedule in these areas of care:
- Heart and vascular.
- Ear, nose and throat.
- Gastroenterology, provided by Blair Gastroenterology Associates of Altoona.
And, many others Cambria County residents with gastro-intestinal diseases and conditions will gain more convenient access to gastroenterology services through a lease arrangement with UPMC Altoona. Blair Gastroenterology Associates will see patients at the new center for initial diagnosis and treatment, pre-procedure and post-procedure appointments, and routine follow-up care.
“Blair Gastroenterology is the largest group of gastroenterologists in the region,” said Steve Gildea, executive director of the practice. “We have offices in Altoona, Bedford and soon in Ebensburg. This new Ebensburg office will reduce travel time for patients in Cambria, Somerset and Indiana Counties. It offers much greater convenience for our patients.”
Primary Health Network will offer these services on the third floor in a 15,000-square-foot suite:
- Family medicine specialists.
- Outpatient behavioral health services.
- A 340(b) pharmacy program in a retail pharmacy location.
“Primary Health Network and UPMC Altoona have worked together for years to bring various health care programs to their patients,” said Drew Pierce, chief executive officer, Primary Health Network. “We are excited to be a part of the Ebensburg concept and believe that by having so many services together in the same building it brings more opportunities to provide quality, low-cost health care with better outcomes.”
The facility also will offer:
- Ample parking and easy access from Route 22 near the Route 219 interchange.
- Space for additional expansion.