InterSystems, a creative data technology provider dedicated to helping customers solve the most critical scalability, interoperability, and speed problems, announced the release of InterSystems IRIS® FHIR® Accelerator Service. A fully managed, enterprise-grade server for HL7® FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources), it provides developers an easy, secure, and scalable repository for storing and sharing healthcare data for their applications.
When FHIR developers build innovative applications that incorporate data from everyday life, for example, apps that track COVID-19 diagnosis or that integrate with Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) devices, they need a way to manage that data. And as the care environment expands beyond traditional healthcare settings, the need for interoperability in healthcare IT intensifies.
The InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service is a reliable, turnkey solution for storing and retrieving FHIR data, enabling developers to be more efficient and to deliver their applications to market more rapidly.
Key features of the IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service include:
- Authorization and authentication pre-built with OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 using the Cognito authorization server, which includes intuitive methods to select custom FHIR scopes and allows developers to easily configure access control for users and applications.
- Application programming interface (API) keys that authenticate incoming FHIR requests.
- A developer interface that enables more efficient testing, provides information about the FHIR APIs available for an application, and details what API requests are needed for storing and retrieving these resources.
- Available on AWS Marketplace and coming soon to other popular cloud providers.
- Support for the latest HL7 FHIR version R4, including the United States Core Data for Interoperability (USCDI).
- Support for the batch import of FHIR bundles via secure file transfer protocol (sFTP), making it easy to get started quickly with app development.
- Exceptional high availability using mirroring.
- Continuous updates and new features are delivered automatically.
“At InterSystems, we work to ensure that our customers can achieve true interoperability and derive value from their healthcare data,” said Don Woodlock, Head of Healthcare Solutions for InterSystems. “With a solution like InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service, developers have the technology they need to harness interoperability and create solutions to reduce costs, improve patient engagement, facilitate better outcomes, and empower their innovation initiatives.”
Together with the recently announced HealthShare Message Transformation Services for Amazon HealthLake, InterSystems FHIR Accelerator Service is the latest offering of Smart Data Services from InterSystems. Using Smart Data Services, users can access the full power of InterSystems database, interoperability, and analytics technologies as smaller, flexible, cloud centric, managed services. Available from major public cloud marketplaces, Smart Data Services allow users to access, configure, and orchestrate services easily.
“With a fully-managed offering like InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service, developers don’t have to worry about traditional infrastructure concerns that come with a FHIR server, including backup and restore, maintenance, and high availability,” added Scott Gnau, Head of Data Platforms for InterSystems. “Built on InterSystems IRIS® data platform, the service simplifies data storage across the IoMT, electronic health records, and research databases.”
For more information about the IRIS suite of products from InterSystems, visit https://www.intersystems.com/