Qualtrics, the creator of the experience management (XM) category, announced a partnership with Safe & Reliable Healthcare (S&R), a leading provider of patient safety and high reliability technologies and services to more than 700 healthcare organizations. Leveraging the Qualtrics XM Platform, S&R will provide healthcare systems with a holistic view of the impact that their culture and experience has on patient safety and other operational outcomes. Together, S&R and Qualtrics will provide actionable strategies for health systems to improve overall employee and provider engagement and ultimately, patient care.
S&R is a recognized pioneer in the field of healthcare improvement, having assessed culture and burnout across the largest health systems and led transformation efforts for systems such as Mayo Clinic, Kaiser Permanente, and AdventHealth. With more than 150 years of collective experience in designing, leading, and supporting related improvement efforts, S&R has demonstrated an inextricable link between patient safety and experience with organizational culture.
“Qualtrics’ leadership in experience management brings a best-in-class technology platform that can manage multiple complex hierarchies and capture both employee and patient experience, as well as operational data, all in one place,” said Allan Frankel, MD, CEO of Safe & Reliable Healthcare. “This will allow us to more seamlessly deliver integrated action plans to our healthcare clients so they can truly drive lasting transformation.”
The Safe & Reliable and Qualtrics partnership will benefit healthcare systems by:
- Delivering improved outcomes that affect ratings, reimbursements, and patient satisfaction
- Proactively predicting areas of risk across various aspects of patient care, highlighting where leaders must act to support the care team and their patients
- Engaging and retaining employees and providers by capturing culture and experience data across the entire provider and employee lifecycle
- Improving brand perceptions among providers, employees, and patients
- Meeting the highest standards of Magnet and Leapfrog as tangible outcomes of transforming culture and improving safety with a single integrated study that covers culture, engagement, and nursing satisfaction to reduce respondent fatigue
- Predicting CMS Star Ratings, enabling course corrections in key areas of care, culture and experience
- Applying cultural expertise and technology to achieve >70% response rates, streamline survey mapping efforts and access evidence-based strategies to drive improvement
- Offering searchable and scientifically validated benchmarks to compare against peers to enable learning and informed goal setting
“Safe & Reliable has been instrumental in improving the patient experience and safety for some of the largest healthcare providers in the U.S.,” said Susan Haufe, Chief Industry Advisor for Healthcare at Qualtrics. “By combining our technology and S&R’s expertise in patient safety, we have the unique ability to help healthcare systems increase accountability, build a culture of trust, and create mechanisms for discovering and taking action on root causes within the patient experience. We will partner closely with S&R to continue transforming experiences in healthcare at scale.”