- Customers and partners highlight the benefits of open access to Philips imaging technologies across several diagnostic areas including neuroimaging
- Featured Symposia presentations address Advanced MR sequences for clinical neuroradiology and MRI for diagnosis and therapy guidance in oncology
HHM Global/News/- Royal Philips announced that it will showcase the company’s latest developments in Magnetic Resonance (MR) solutions and open innovation toolsets at the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine’s (ISMRM) 24th Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Singapore.
Visitors to Philips’ booth #115 will see the latest innovations designed to unlock the full potential of MRI and bring better care to more people at lower cost. To enable this, Philips will highlight how to make MR research more accessible to its research partners. MR-Paradise, the company’s open innovation toolset, is designed to give Philips’ researchers using MR technology the ability to expand the limits of research in MR and to help speed the translation from discovery to clinical practice.
“At Philips, we have a long history of converting research into meaningful innovation to improve lives,” said Eric Jean, General Manager of MRI, Philips. “We look beyond the current technology to the experiences of the people at the heart of care – patients, clinicians and caregivers – to unlock insights across the patient journey. At this year’s ISMRM, we are excited to share stories on how our MR open innovation tools and collaborations have helped our customers, partners and care teams across the health continuum.”
Leveraging Philips’ user community, the open research platform allows for ideas and knowledge to be shared among others who are pushing the boundaries of MR methods and applications. Philips’ integrated solutions highlight the commitment to open and collaborative innovation in MR.
“As a user of Philips’ MR systems, the University of Kumamoto has a high level of trust in Philips’ technical and clinical understanding,” said Dr. Tetsuya Yoneda, Associate Professor in the Department of Medical Physics at Kumamoto University in Japan. “It was a logical next step to collaborate with Philips to advance techniques such as SWIp developed for susceptibility weighted imaging to detect indicators of neuro vascular diseases. The SWIp method is now routinely used in neuro examinations at hospitals around the world, and through our partnership with Philips and access to their open innovation tools, we are working to enhance these techniques and extend its scope.”
This year, Philips’ ISMRM exhibit will also feature the following new solutions and technologies:
- ScanWise Implant – Recently 510(k) cleared, this MRI-guided user interface and automatic scan parameter selection helps simplify the scanning of patients with MR Conditional implants, streamlining exams and supporting diagnostic confidence of this growing patient population.
- mDIXON XD – Delivers fast, improved sharpness*, fat-suppression MR imaging to help visualize abnormalities that otherwise could be obscured by fat, increasing clinical information by providing two contrasts in a single scan.
- Ingenia MR-RT –The Ingenia MR-RT meets specific radiation therapy (RT) needs by providing high-quality MR images acquired in the RT treatment position. As part of its Ingenia MR-RT platform, Philips’ MRCAT (Magnetic Resonance for Calculating ATtenuation) for prostate cancer treatment recently received 510(k) clearance from the Food and Drug Administration.
*Fat-free TSE imaging with fat-shift correction for improved sharpness and increased SNR compared to a standard non-fat-shift corrected fat-free TSE approach.
For more information on Philips' integrated MR solutions, and to learn more about presence at ISMRM, www.philips.com/ismrm and follow the conversation on @PhilipsLiveFrom. In addition, Dr. Tetsuya Yoneda’s video on the benefits of working with Philips, can be viewed here.
For further information, please contact:
Philips Diagnostic Imaging
Tel: +1 781-277-1170
Philips Group Communications
Tel: +1 978-221-8919
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips’ wholly owned subsidiary Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 24.2 billion and employs approximately 104,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter