People who suffer from drug addiction often take extreme risks to get their hands on the substances they crave. Some will steal from their loved ones, while others will resort to criminal activities in order to fuel their addiction. It’s also not uncommon for drug addicts to find themselves facing prosecution because of their actions while under the influence.
The goal of drug rehab is to help addicts get clean from drugs. During this treatment, drug addicts learn how to live a more productive life, and they are given all of the help and support they need to stop taking drugs. (source: Reco Intensive) While this may sound straightforward, it can be very challenging. If you want to find out more about drug rehab, including the benefits of it, and how much it costs, then keep reading below:
The Benefits of Drug Rehab
There are many important benefits of drug rehab. Some of these benefits include:
- Breaking the addiction cycle – drug rehab centers are the perfect place for addicts who want to overcome their addiction. Not only are these centers drug-free, but they are also filled with people who can help patients both medically and emotionally too.
- Learn about addiction – drug rehab centers help people to understand what triggers their cravings for drugs. Once you understand your triggers, you can avoid them or learn how to manage them.
- Work out what the underlying issues are – people become addicted to drugs for many reasons. Counselors in drug rehab centers help addicts to dig into these issues, understand them, and build new coping skills.
- Remain free from addiction – research suggests that not only are drug addicts more likely to overcome addiction if they attend a drug rehab center, but they are also more likely to remain drug-free once their treatment has ended.
- They help you to get your life back on track – once the center has helped you to overcome your addiction, they will do everything in their power to help you get your life back on track.
As you can see, there are many benefits to attending a drug rehab center. Not only do they help you to get drug-free, but they also help you to deal with any underlying issues too.
The Cost of Drug Rehab
There are several different types of drug rehab. The type of care you choose will affect how much you have to pay. Some of the options available to you include:
- Detox – outpatients detox usually costs between $1,000 and $1,500. However, the exact cost of detox will depend on whether it’s part of an inpatient program and how serious your addiction is. If the substance you use has more dangerous detox side effects, then there’s a possibility you’ll have to pay extra for treatment, as you will require more careful monitoring
- Inpatient rehab – for a 30-day inpatient program, you can expect to pay anywhere between $6,000 and $20,000.
- Outpatient rehab – if your addiction is mild to moderate, then outpatient rehab may be a better option for you. Outpatient rehab is often much cheaper than inpatient rehab. In fact, for a 3-month outpatient rehab program, you can expect to pay approximately $5,000.
- Medications – the type of medication and treatment you require will have an impact on the price of rehab. While some people may not require any medication during their rehab, others will need it during the detox phase of the program. If you require medication, you will be charged for this.
Paying for Your Treatment
One of the best ways to pay for drug rehab treatment is through your insurance. However, not everyone has insurance, and even if you do, it might not cover all types of treatment. The amount your insurance covers will depend on the insurer and what your health provider accepts.
The good news is that even if you don’t have insurance, there are ways to get help. One option available to you is to look for a free or low-income center. Another is to look into programs that offer financing options.
While you may be worried about paying for treatment, it’s important to think of addiction rehab as an investment. Even though it costs you money in the short term, over time it will pay off. Once you’ve overcome your addiction you will be able to get your life and career back on track. Not only that, but you won’t be spending money on drugs either.
While drug rehab may not be the cheapest option available to drug addicts who are trying to overcome their addiction, research has shown that it is one of the best options available. In fact, it has helped more addicts to overcome their addiction issues than any other treatment option currently available. If you’re an addict who wants to get clean, then make sure you consider rehab.