The nursing profession represents a field that moves quickly and is in great need. For those who appreciate aiding others, the occupation has several advantages. There are benefits and drawbacks, just as in other professions. For instance, a career with a medical facility is not intended for fragile people. In the past few years, nurses have seen more terrible things than any of us could have anticipated.
Are you thinking about pursuing the nursing field? There is a dire need for nurses now compared to ever. COVID-19 has severely affected the nursing profession, and there is currently a scarcity everywhere. But one of the most gratifying professions is nursing, which also provides a solid foundation for what lies ahead. Here are 3 reasons why pursuing a profession in nursing would improve your quality of life.
1. Flexible work schedule
Schedules and duration are frequently variable for nurses. For parents and guardians, this may offer a further advantage. With respect to the business, a registered nurse may have the choice of 8 to 10 or twelve-hour working hours. So, get a good online nursing degree today! The number of weekly hours decreases if you perform 10 or 12-hour shifts.
Additionally, nurses may take side hustles for different types of employers.
- School nurses frequently take a two-month holiday every summer, which fits the academic calendar.
- Traveling nurses can choose which duties to perform depending on the location and the shifts available.
- In-home nurses typically only work certain weekends alongside regular working hours.
- Nurses in local hospitals work during normal business hours on weekdays.
2. Your medical understanding is vital outside of work
Everybody wants to be safe and secure, but occasionally mishaps happen. And once that occurs, it’s preferable to be ready. Understanding that you can administer medical treatment in a crisis as a nurse will give you peace of mind no matter what takes place outside of work. Just consider:
- How many individuals are prepared to respond when someone passes out?
- How many individuals have the desired skills to conduct CPR in a crisis situation?
- How many of them are familiar with what measure to take if they are having a breathing disorder?
3. Fantastic salary, security, and amenities
The requirement for nurses is constant. By 2030, the field is projected to expand by 9%, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS). There are numerous job chances due to the nursing staffing shortage that many counties are currently facing. Nursing positions in healthcare organizations are in high demand; some even provide sizable incentives for joining qualified nurses.
A fair wage is also given to nurses. BLS surveyed that, in the United States of America, nurses make an average yearly pay of $80,010, which is more than the median yearly earnings for all occupations.
Do you wish to assist others in recovering from sickness and other disorders and give them the essential first aid they require? Earning a degree in nursing will improve your reputation, earnings, and quality of lifestyle.