Chai Chuah is National Director of the National Health Board Business Unit of the New Zealand Ministry of Health. The NHB Business Unit is central to the new model for planning and funding of health services and changes that will have an emphasis on:
• Stronger clinical leadership
• Improving quality and safety
• Higher service performance
• Improved regional and national decision making, and
• Reducing administrative cost and waste
Before joining the Ministry, Chai was Chief Executive of Hutt Valley District Health Board – since 2002.