ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative medicines to address unmet medical needs in central nervous system (CNS) disorders, today announced its unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016.
“We are very pleased with the launch and are gratified by the positive feedback we have received from physicians, patients, and caregivers on NUPLAZID (pimavanserin),” said Steve Davis, ACADIA’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We saw solid month-over-month prescription growth, reported increased payor coverage, and continued to expand awareness of NUPLAZID among movement disorder specialists, neurologists, and psychiatrists.”
“In addition, we continue to expand our clinical program with pimavanserin. We recently announced the initiation of our SERENE study for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease agitation and our ENHANCE-1 study for adjunctive treatment of schizophrenia in patients who have an inadequate response to current antipsychotic treatment. These studies, together with additional studies we will commence later this year, underscore our commitment to improving the lives of patients with CNS disorders.”
- U.S. launch of NUPLAZID commenced May 31, 2016. NUPLAZID is the first and only drug approved by the FDA for the treatment of hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease psychosis.
- NUPLAZID now on Medicare formularies; coverage of NUPLAZID by commercial insurance plans continues to grow.
- In October 2016, announced the initiation of the SERENE study, a Phase II study with pimavanserin for patients with Alzheimer’s disease agitation.
- In November 2016, announced the initiation of ENHANCE-1, a Phase III study with pimavanserin for adjunctive treatment for patients with schizophrenia who are experiencing inadequate response to their current antipsychotic therapy.
- Completed enrollment of our Phase II study exploring the utility of pimavanserin for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease psychosis. Announcement of top-line results from the study expected by the end of 2016.
- Presented multiple scientific posters and hosted booth exhibits for healthcare providers and disease education at the World Parkinson Congress.
- Sponsored the National Parkinson’s Foundation Caregiver Summit.
- Raised approximately $215.9 million in a common stock offering in August 2016.
About ACADIA Pharmaceuticals
ACADIA is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative medicines to address unmet medical needs in central nervous system disorders. ACADIA maintains a website at www.acadia-pharm.com to which we regularly post copies of our press releases as well as additional information and through which interested parties can subscribe to receive e-mail alerts.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Lisa Barthelemy, 858-558-2871
Ted Deutsch, 609-578-8765